CANDLE INFO / Q+A
WHY SOY WAX?
- Soy wax is a natural, vegan, non-toxic eco-friendly, biodegradable vegetable wax made from the soil of soy beans. It provides a clean burns and cleans up easily with just soap and water. Soy wax has longer burning life and holds onto scents very well.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WOOD WICKS & COTTON WICKS?
- Crackling wooden wicks are 100% natural, eco-friendly and clean-burning. They are sourced from FSC certified wood & manufactured in the US. Wooden wicks are sustainable - They create a crackling sound, similar to a fireplace. Cotton wicks are much more common than wood wicks. They are the ubiquitous braided cotton dipped in wax. Each wick has unique benefits and drawbacks that make the choice a very personal one. It's simply a matter of comparing the two and see which one works best for you.
CANDLE Q + A
WHY IS THE TOP OF MY CANDLE ROUGH/BUMPY AFTER I BURN MY CANDLE?
- The rough, bumpy tops after burning a soy wax candles are caused when the hot wax in the melt pool cools and solidifies at an inconsistent rate. This is a completely natural feature of 100% soy wax. This will not affect the performance of your candle.
WHY IS MY CANDLE TUNNELING?
- Tunneling is when the wick burns straight down the center of a candle without creating a full melt pool within 2 hours of being lit. It is important that your candle's first burn is 2-4 hours OR until it reaches a full melt pool before you blow your candle out. Doing this will ensure an even burn and overall increase the candle life. The first burn creates a wax memory; your candle will remember to burn evenly each time you light it which is why the first burn is so important.
WHY WONT MY WOOD WICK STAY LIT?
- During your first light, we recommend tilting your candle and lighting the edge of the wick so the flame travels from edge to edge. You may need to hold the flame to the wick for several seconds as the melted wax is fuel to your flame. Wood wicks are tricky to work with sometimes, but once they get going, the aura and sound they give is alluring.
WHY IS THERE A LOT OF SMOKE WHEN I LIGHT MY CANDLE?
- Make sure your wick is always trimmed to 1/4" before you re-light your candle! Before you re-light your candle, cut or gently pinch the burnt tips of your wick. Remember to TRIM TRIM TRIM that wick!